01656 880532

A Short History of the Little West Site

In early maps there is mention of Little West Cottage where the Little West Site is now found. In Victorian times the property was developed as a country retreat by landowners from Little Saint Donats, as by that time Southerndown Bay including Dunraven Castle with Southerndown golf course, Dunraven Hotel, tennis courts, cricket club  had become a popular seaside destination for the gentry. 

It was in the early 1950’s that Little West became a very popular hotel especially for its meals and cream teas. On the retirement of the proprietors in the early 70’s two new bungalows were built in the grounds, with beautiful views of the coast, whilst the hotel became a retirement home. 

After the closure of the home in 2006 it was demolished, and eight apartments were built on the site.

During 1998 one of the two bungalows began offering self-catering holiday accommodation, which continues to this day. 

The property is in a superb location, offering views of the channel and benefiting from spectacular sunrises and sunsets.